Social media is a simple and effective method for reinforcing our message with the offices that were visited. We encourage you to share blog posts or articles supporting our position with members of Congress. You can also periodically mention them and encourage them to preserve and expand the charitable deduction.
Below are a few samples of updates that can be used on social media:
• Congress should make good tax policy – the charitable deduction – even better by expanding it to all Americans. [Member] #ProtectGiving
• Instead of offering a charitable giving incentive to fewer people, why not make it available to all Americans? [Member] #ProtectGiving
• Tax reform proposals could eliminate the charitable deduction for 95% of Americans, crushing charities. [Member] please #ProtectGiving.
• Tax reform proposals will eliminate the charitable deduction for 95% of Americans. A universal charitable deduction is the solution.
• Imagine how [your town/city] will be served if all Americans could use the charitable deduction, [Member]. #ProtectGiving
• This explains how tax reform could unintentionally eliminate the charitable deduction for 95% of Americans, [Member]. [link to blog/article] #ProtectGiving
• This [blog/article] explains what I learned meeting with [Member] for #100yearsofgiving. [link to blog/article] #ProtectGiving