Social media is a simple and effective method for reinforcing our message with the offices that were visited. We encourage you to share blog posts or articles supporting our position with members of Congress. You can also periodically mention them and encourage them to preserve and expand the charitable deduction.
Below are a few samples of updates that can be used on social media:
• The Charitable Deduction is good tax policy – Congress should make it even better by expanding it to all Americans. [Member] #ProtectGiving
• Instead of offering a charitable giving incentive to fewer people, why not make it available to all Americans? [Member] #ProtectGiving
• Tax reform eliminated the charitable deduction for 85% of Americans. A universal charitable deduction is the solution. [Member] please #ProtectGiving.
• Tax reform proposals will eliminate the charitable deduction for 95% of Americans. A universal charitable deduction is the solution.
• Imagine how [your town/city] will be served if the charitable deduction was open to all Americans, [Member]. Please #ProtectGiving
• This explains how tax reform could unintentionally eliminate the charitable deduction for 95% of Americans, [Member]. [link to blog/article] #ProtectGiving